The best day of my life was the day my son was born. After a long and traumatic delivery experience, he made his debut. He wasn’t breathing when he was born, but he was still my child. The first thing I asked, “Is my baby alive?” After the torture that I had just been through, I could only think about him and how he was doing. I think that is a great definition of a mother’s love. I’ve learned a few things since then in the past three months.
1. I’ve learned selflessness at its peak. The moment he was born, I didn’t care about me or my body. I cared if my baby was doing ok. My focus was solely on him and his well-being.
2. I’ve learned patience. I could have more patience, but my son has taught me to have more than I used to before him. It’s not my schedule or my time anymore, but his. And I am totally on board with it.
3. I’ve learned a mother’s love. It’s something I’ve always heard about and been told about but never experienced. I truly understood how God designed family and I’m so thankful for His unfailing love and this new kind of love that has taken ahold of my heart.
4. I’ve learned to slow down. Before my son was born, I would go through life at a mile a minute. I’m an introverted extrovert who had to have just the right balance. Now, I don’t mind missing an event or a get-together. I can say no and not feel bad about not participating. I want to spend as much time with my child as possible.
5. I’ve learned that I have the biggest responsibility. As his mother, it is my responsibility to teach him to become an upstanding and functioning Christian man in today’s society. As scary as that may seem, I know that God will guide my husband and I every step of the way. I am honored to be chosen as his mother and accept this huge responsibility.
6. I’ve learned that it’s all going to be OK. I used to worry and fret over every single little thing and never believe that it would work out. I was directly going against what God says to do and that is to trust Him. Now that my son is here, I have this sense of peace that surpasses all understanding and have the Lord to thank for that.
Simply put, being a mother is the best person I could ever be. I know I have lots more to learn and I am ready for it. “With God, all things are possible.” Matthew 19:26. Amen.
designed by Gillian Sarah
powered by Showit
Copyright 2021 cami renee jones
Cami Jones is a wife, mom, writer, and entrepreneur based out of Little Rock, Arkansas. Cami has a strong passion for Jesus and teaching others the truth of God's Word. With creativity and community, Cami uses her social media platform on Instagram to meet and encourage believers and non-believers alike. She also hosts her own podcast, Bless It or Block It, where Cami, along with guests, dive into how God is moving in their lives. If we have our hearts set on something, will God bless it or block it?
terms and conditions